SuperCollider is an environment and programming language for real time audio synthesis and algorithmic composition. It provides an interpreted object-oriented language which functions as a network client to a state of the art, realtime sound synthesis server.
SuperCollider was written by James
... [More] McCartney over a period of many years, and is now an open source project maintained and developed by various people. It is used by musicians, scientists, and artists working with sound. [Less]
Jreepad is an excellent free "personal database" program - it's a great way to organise all your personal notes, thoughts, tasks, recipes, memories...
What's more, it's open-source and programmed in Java, so that all may benefit from it! Much used on Mac OSX, Linux, Unix, and even Windows!
... [More] features:
* A Jreepad file consists of a nice simple tree structure, and each "node" has an associated "article" - this can be plain text, HTML or tabular data.
* Nodes can be rearranged very intuitively.
* There's a very powerful and intuitive search facility to locate a piece of text in a subtree
* Hyperlink support
* Integrated Google search
* Load/save Treepad (.HJT) files, compatible with Treepad Lite (so you can share files with Windows users)
* ...and much more, of course. [Less]
System for administering a public listing of a university's research publications output, with plenty of online functions for academics and admin staff. Features include RIS export/import, OAI compliance, and PubMed integration. Uses PHP and MySQL.