Forums : Technical Issue Help

Dear Open Hub Users,

We’re excited to announce that we will be moving the Open Hub Forum to https://community.synopsys.com/s/black-duck-open-hub. Beginning immediately, users can head over, register, get technical help and discuss issue pertinent to the Open Hub. Registered users can also subscribe to Open Hub announcements here.

On May 1, 2020, we will be freezing https://www.openhub.net/forums and users will not be able to create new discussions. If you have any questions and concerns, please email us at [email protected]

To all the people posting about no project updates...

A blog post from OpenHub on June 15 indicated that their crawlers are out of order due to catastrophic failure and have been since about the end of May. I'm not sure why they didn't inform people faster, nor am I sure why they didn't make a sticky post in the forum to explain the issues they were having instead of leaving everyone in the dark for about two weeks, then leaving an entire user communication front without information about the issues they were having.

Their explanation begins in about the third paragraph:

Posts about projects not updating have been largely left unanswered by the OpenHub staff during this crawler outage. Save your effort making a post about outdated project info for when the crawlers are back online. They already know your project isn't updated. No project is updated right now.

OpenHub staff, do feel free to correct me if I've gotten the summary wrong.

Hopefully crawlers will be back online soon.

Daniel Hawkins almost 9 years ago

Thanks for the initiative!

It's true we are a bit in the dark, maybe someone with a twitter account could ask them directly if they have some kind of ETA, this kind of things, in order to calm the passions :)

Victor Noël almost 9 years ago

Well that does not change the fact that issues are in general not resolved. Catastrophic failure is in fact the normal situation here.

Michael Heilmann almost 9 years ago

Updating for anyone else who finds this thread:

According to a Twitter post on 29 June, Black Duck has rebuilt the crawler and analyses are back in action. A lot of projects are showing update timestamps within the last few days, as illustrated on the status page.

simonjester almost 9 years ago