Forums : Suggestions for Ohloh 2.0

Dear Open Hub Users,

We’re excited to announce that we will be moving the Open Hub Forum to https://community.synopsys.com/s/black-duck-open-hub. Beginning immediately, users can head over, register, get technical help and discuss issue pertinent to the Open Hub. Registered users can also subscribe to Open Hub announcements here.

On May 1, 2020, we will be freezing https://www.openhub.net/forums and users will not be able to create new discussions. If you have any questions and concerns, please email us at [email protected]

Would love to see Darcs support, espe...

Would love to see Darcs support, especially once darcs2 is stabilized.

awwaiid over 16 years ago

Yes, please! I would love to see Darcs support, too. The current version of darcs is good enough -- don't wait for darcs2 to come out.

zooko over 16 years ago

+1

tux_rocker about 16 years ago

+1

Simon Michael about 16 years ago

I've uploaded a number of darcs projects using either darcs2git (fast, but only works on less complex repos), and darcs-to-git (much slower, but works on large things). Perhaps some kind of gateway along those lines could be used?

dons about 16 years ago

Me too. And dons, could you mirror jhc too, or are you just mirroring your own projects?

Samuel Bronson about 16 years ago

As you might imagine, I'd also be interested in seeing darcs support in ohloh. And I'd also be willing to work at least a bit to help enable that support. I don't see any reason why darcs support should be challenging.

droundy about 16 years ago

There are hundreds of Haskell projects using darcs, it's not really sustainable to keep using darcs2git etc. Hopefully in the next round of ohloh open source releases we can get access to the SCM code and contribute darcs support.

dcoutts about 16 years ago

Is there anything the Haskell community can do to hasten the adoption of darcs?

David Himmelstrup about 16 years ago

Yes, please, pretty please support darcs!

chak about 16 years ago

Hey, this would still be great!

nomeata almost 16 years ago

+1, darcs is the feelgood vcs ;)

Alexander F Rød... almost 16 years ago

As others have noted, the lack of Darcs support is almost completely disenfranchising the entire Haskell open source community. This is a bigger deal than e.g. Mercurial IMHO, since a whole segment of the open source contributor community is being left out wholesale. Further, as others have pointed out, a cheap mechanism for implementing Ohloh Darcs support already exists: use an existing Darcs → Git converter on the Ohloh side.

I strongly urge adding this support.

Bart Massey almost 16 years ago

I remain willing to spend a little bit of time helping out with this. Someone mentioned darcs-2 earlier in this thread, and darcs-2 is now out (and very cool), but actually darcs-1 is already perfectly serviceable for this purpose.

zooko almost 16 years ago

+1 for the darcs support (and I could help a bit too)

Nicolas Pouillard almost 16 years ago

+1

splitbrain almost 16 years ago

+1. It's insane that after four years Ohloh still only supports CVS, SVN, and Git.

Shawn M Moore almost 16 years ago

Since several people, including the estimable David Roundy himself, have offered some of their valuable time to make this happen, it would seem like all the ohloh folks need to do is give them the access and information that the need, right? Is there anything else we darcs-lovers can do move this forward?

zooko almost 16 years ago

I thought I might swing back by to see if ohloh had gotten darcs support yet... but no dice!

It's still a desired feature! :)

awwaiid almost 16 years ago

+1

WorldMaker almost 16 years ago

I understand that the folks here are working on paying features / opening their source code / tuning performance / etc before adding new SCMS's.

See my previous post on this topic, though, for why I think it's a shame. My BartForge (http://www.ohloh.net/projects/10863) site is listed as mostly C/C++, but almost all the new development in the last six months has been in DaRCS-controlled Haskell.

We want Ohloh to be as great as it can be. But DaRCS is needed to get us there.

Bart Massey over 15 years ago

Darcs support would still be nice to have (especially now that darcs 2 has been released)

I notice from the blog that there is a new abstraction layer to help provide support for different version control software.

How can the darcs team help?

kowey over 15 years ago

Indeed. I have some darcs projects that I'd like to have ohloh'd, too.

Petr Ročkai over 15 years ago

I love darcs too.

Yoshikuni Jujo over 15 years ago

I notice that the Ohloh source code is now available on github

Are there any Ruby-ists in this thread who can help add darcs support to Ohloh?

If Ohloh devs are reading this: what's the bare minimum that we would have to add for this to be useful? Any other tips?

There is an entry for ohloh support on the darcs bugtracker as well.

kowey almost 15 years ago