There is a need for a document management system in most large scale applications.
Storing files on the filesystem instead of the database has the following disadvantages:
- it is not portable (ie if you design an application, how do you easily give them access to the files without compromising your security policy).
- file system search is slower than a database (although that may be debatable)
- single backup; you can easily backup and restore databases
- speed; accessing files from a filesystem is almost always faster
- some databases like the free Sql Express have a limited size 4 Gb
Use Patent Claims
Include Install Instructions
These details are provided for information only. No information here is legal advice and should not be used as such.