ack is a tool like grep, aimed at programmers with large trees of heterogeneous source code.
ack is written purely in Perl, and takes advantage of the power of Perl's regular expressions.
* Searches recursively through directories by default, while ignoring .svn, CVS and other VCS directories.
* ack ignores most of the crap you don't want to search
* Lets you specify file types to search, as in --perl or --nohtml.
* Color highlighting of search results.
* Uses real Perl regular expressions, not a GNU subset.
* ack is pure Perl, so consistent across all platforms. It even comes as a single standalone program with no module dependencies.
Include Install Instructions
These details are provided for information only. No information here is legal advice and should not be used as such.
There are no reported vulnerabilities