Flourish is a PHP unframework — a general-purpose, object-oriented library. It's architecture is modular and thus not strictly MVC. It focuses on being secure, broadly compatible, portable, well documented and easy to use.
You will find Flourish useful if you need to write code that is any of the following:
- Consistent and easy to understand
- Needs to effortlessly model simple or complex databases, especially existing schemas
- Works with international data
- Can perform accurate math calculations
- Easily manipulates images
- Able to run on different databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, MSSQL, Oracle, DB2)
- Can be used on closed-source projects
- Works with PHP 5.1+
- Might need an architecture other than MVC
- Plays nicely with other libraries and frameworks
These details are provided for information only. No information here is legal advice and should not be used as such.