FXT implements client side templating using Model-View-Controller. FXT provides a simple, productive, and compatibile way to deliver rich websites using Adobe Flex.
Model == XML embedded into HTML
View/Controller == Flex SWF File
- Model Driven – The data (Model) is in HTML as XML. It is browser and search engine compatible.
- Restful URLS – The urls are simple, bookmarkable, and back button supported.
- Classic MVC - Model is XML embedded in HTML, View and Controller are Flex-generated SWFs.
- E4X is used to render data within the template SWF file.
- Model driven use of Flex 'states' are supported.
- Rapid– Just open a project, edit the XML model, and edit the Flex template to create an interactive site. Layout is component based and easy with E4X.
- Fast – Once the SWF file is cached, each page load time is 100% data loading and Flex instantiation.
These details are provided for information only. No information here is legal advice and should not be used as such.