Inactive
1
I Use This!

News

Analyzed 6 days ago. based on code collected 6 days ago.
Posted over 4 years ago by qiaomuf
Glad to see that libbash is accepted by Google Summer of Code this year. Congratulations to André Aparício! Petteri and I will both mentor this project during the summer. Before GSoC begins, I’d like to explain the current status of this project. I worked on this project in GSoC 2011. After the summer ended, I spent [...]
Posted almost 5 years ago by qiaomuf
My GSoC project will end in this weekend so this is the final report. This week, I spent most of my time making sure the project is in a good state for future developers. So far, libbash can generate correct ebuild metadata for 8414 out of 27586 ebuilds. What is blocking us from moving on? [...]
Posted almost 5 years ago by qiaomuf
Sorry for the delay this time because I was in Beijing in the last weekend. Finally I can get down to write the report. Now 8414 ebuilds can be handled. The number is increasing again and it’s not that hard to make progress this time because we have fixed the big issues in the parser [...]
Posted about 5 years ago by qiaomuf
Finally I have done with the backtracking removal. Now doing semantic predicate is much easier. With this change, I successfully supported here document, which was the biggest blocker before I started this work. In addition, the performance is ... [More] better. I used valgrind to get performance comparison. Here is the output of ms_print (post-processing tool for [...] [Less]
Posted about 5 years ago by qiaomuf
It’s been four months since I started working on this project. I just passed the mid-term evaluation so I’d like to talk about the current status of libbash. My plan for the mid-term evaluation is to be able to parse the ebuilds that don’t inherit any eclass. With a few exceptions, I achieved that more [...]
Posted about 5 years ago by qiaomuf
This week I focused on improving the parser grammar . Petteri and I finally decide to remove the global backtracking. We didn’t plan to do it at first because it would cost a lot of time. We thought that was not something required for metadata generation. However, many stories are blocked due to the limitation [...]
Posted about 5 years ago by qiaomuf
This week we finally have our CI server working. Many thinks to robbat2 and other people who helped. If your GSoC projects might benefit from it(buildbot), please go ahead to ask for it. The number of ebuilds that we can handle doesn’t change as we still have the problem in our parser grammar. Here’s what [...]
Posted about 5 years ago by qiaomuf
Last week I tried to do semantic predicate in our parser grammar. We hoped that it could solve most of the problems we were facing. Unfortunately, it didn’t end up well as we cannot make semantic predicate working with backtracking. This week I will migrate to ANTLR 3.4. and see if it helps solve the [...]
Posted about 5 years ago by qiaomuf
In the last week, I focused on parser grammar improvement. So far we can generate correct metadata for 8028 ebuilds. As we have made error handling POSIX compliant, any parsing failure will cause an exception. So making the parser working properly is the first thing that should be done. To be honest, fixing bugs in [...]
Posted about 5 years ago by qiaomuf
This week I’ve made an important change to bash function implementation. So far we can generate correct metadata for 7927 ebuilds. Here’s what I have done: supported not equals in arithmetic expansion supported array offset expansion like ${*:1:2} ... [More] and ${a[@]:1:2} improved the implementation for bash functions supported shopt -p supported declare -p supported printf supported [...] [Less]