The goal of this project is to design a GPLed computer from digital architecture to end-user front-end, without limitation from existing hardware or software.
The main principles are:
- clean, pure design
- very extensible, generic
Some of the design ideas are:
- network-inspired internal microprocessor buses
- superscalar processing
- microcode-based dedicated hardware
- various programming language levels (like java/c++/c/asm)
- very reduced low-level ISA
- compiled/interpreted (at will) functional programming language
- syntax-less programming
- latest OS design principles
Every physical part that is not digital (io devices) will be simulated.
It does not exist yet but I'm working on it.
These details are provided for information only. No information here is legal advice and should not be used as such.