The goal of this project is to design a GPLed computer from digital architecture to end-user front-end, without limitation from existing hardware or software.
The main principles are:
- clean, pure design
- very extensible, generic
Some of the design ideas are:
- network-inspired internal microprocessor buses
- superscalar processing
- microcode-based dedicated hardware
- various programming language levels (like java/c++/c/asm)
- very reduced low-level ISA
- compiled/interpreted (at will) functional programming language
- syntax-less programming
- latest OS design principles
Every physical part that is not digital (io devices) will be simulated.
It does not exist yet but I'm working on it.