Meerkat is a viewer for connecting to SecondLife and compatible grids
* To create a fully GPL viewer (no proprietary dependencies)
* To encourage a community of developers that will submit patches for prompt integration
* To have the freedom to make the sort of changes that Linden Lab has traditionally been unable to integrate (translation patches, refactoring, fixing intentionally crippled features, changes that touch many files)
* To retain compatibility with Linden Lab's grid and protocols, present and future
* To implement a loosely coupled cross-grid functionality that requires no central authentication authority.
These details are provided for information only. No information here is legal advice and should not be used as such.