MPC takes platform specific input along with the build tool-generic files and generates build tool-specific project files by using a framework-based approach that supports the following:
* Inheritance from common base projects
* Default values for many aspects of a project
* Simple syntax for ease of use and maintenance
* Extensibility for adding custom features or support for new build tools
* Use a scripting language (OO Perl) for rapid development, portability, and ease of automation
MPC is more than a makefile generator. It currently supports the following tools:
Make, Automake, GNU Make (ACE, TAO, and CIAO only), NMake, Visual C++ 6, 7.1, 8, 9 & 10, eMbedded C++, WindRiver Workbench 2.6, Borland Make, & CDT 6.