XTrackCAD is a CAD program for designing model railroad layouts. It is available for Windows as well as LINUX.
Using it, you can
* Design layouts in any scale and gauge,
* Use the predefined libraries for many popular brands of turnouts to help you get started easily,
* Add your own favorite components,
* Manipulate track much like you would with actual flex-track to modify, extend and join tracks and turnouts,
* Test your design by running trains, including picking them up and moving them with the mouse.
These details are provided for information only. No information here is legal advice and should not be used as such.