The Py-Interface is a python-implementation of an Erlang node. The py_interface provides the possibility to create a node that may be used for communication with other Erlang nodes.
* The Python nodes are hidden, like the Java nodes
* The Python node supports
o registering the Python node in the epmd
o sending and receiving message
o executing remote procedure calls (the rpc:call(M,F,A) mechanism)
* The Python node does currently not do:
* The Python node translates Erlang types to Python types as far as there is a reasonable Python counterpart. If there is not, then a class is used.
* The Python node is a single threaded callback-driven process.
* The Python node runs on Python 1.5 -- Python 2.4. It can talk to Erlang R7--R11 nodes.