PerlAutoInstaller is a Software Deployment Tool. You can use it to deploy a large scope of applications silently for your users from en centrally managed server.
The main advantages of PAI are:
* Automatic udapte of agents from the server.
* High security level using standard protocol (https) and a certificate authority to restrict software deployment to your company.
* Manage group of clients
* Portable code for the agent and the server (Both should run on any platform supported by Perl).
* Runs as a service under Windows XP.
* No database backend is needed. Everything is stored as standard files on the server.
* All output of your installation is returned to the server so that you can see why an installation failed.