GNOME Sensors Applet is an applet for the GNOME Panel to display readings from hardware sensors, including CPU temperature, fan speeds and voltage readings under Linux.
* ACPI thermal zones, via the Linux kernel ACPI modules
* Linux kernel i2c modules (for kernel 2.6).
* lm_sensors and i2c packages (for kernel 2.4)
* libsensors (provided by lm_sensors package)
* Linux kernel i8k module (for Dell Inspiron Laptops).
* Linux kernel ibm-acpi module
* Linux kernel PowerPC modules therm_adt746x and therm_windtunnel.
* Linux kernel iMac G5 Windfarm module.
* hddtemp daemon for reading temperatures from S.M.A.R.T. equipped disks.
* Linux kernel Omnibook module (for HP and Toshiba Satellite laptops).
* NVIDIA graphics cards via libNVCtrl (supplied with nvidia-settings)
* Linux kernel sonypi module (for Sony Vaio laptops)
Includes a simple, yet highly customizable display and intuitive user-interface.
Alarms can be set for each sensor to notify the user once a certain high or low value has been reached, and can be configured to execute a given command at specific repeated intervals.
GNOME HIG v2.0 compliant
libnotify support for alarm conditions
The icons bundled as part of GNOME Sensors Applet were created by the Tango Project, and are released under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license.
These details are provided for information only. No information here is legal advice and should not be used as such.