rcov is a code coverage tool for Ruby. It is commonly used for viewing overall test coverage of target code. It features:
- fast execution: 20-300 times faster than previous tools
- multiple analysis modes: standard, bogo-profile, "intentional testing", dependency analysis...
- detection of uncovered code introduced since the last run ("differential code coverage")
- fairly accurate coverage information through code linkage inference using simple heuristics
- cross-referenced XHTML and several kinds of text reports
- support for easy automation with Rake and Rant
rcov can be useful for testing, optimizing and understanding your Ruby programs.
These details are provided for information only. No information here is legal advice and should not be used as such.