Personal search and metasearch for the Free Desktop.
Pinot is :
- a D-Bus service that crawls, indexes your documents and monitors them for changes.
- a GTK-based user interface that enables to query the index built by the service or your favourite Web engine, and display and analyze the results.
It features :
* advanced queries
* language detection
* editing of metadata
* documents labeling
* stored queries
* results ranking history
* results lists export
* dynamic document summaries
* a D-Bus interface
* support for common file types.
* ability to query remote indexes
These details are provided for information only. No information here is legal advice and should not be used as such.