Priam is a process/tool that runs alongside Apache Cassandra to automate the following:
- Backup and recovery (Complete and incremental)
- Token management
- Support AWS environment
Priam is actively developed and used at Netflix.
- Token management using SimpleDB
- Support multi-region Cassandra deployment in AWS via public IP.
- Automated security group update in multi-region environment.
- Backup SSTables from local ephemeral disks to S3.
- Uses Snappy compression to compress backup data on the fly.
- Backup throttling
- Pluggable modules for future enhancements (support for multiple data storage).
- APIs to list and restore backup data.
- REST APIs for backup/restore and other operations
Use Patent Claims
These details are provided for information only. No information here is legal advice and should not be used as such.