FTDI device driver written in pure Python
PyFtdi aims at providing a user-space driver for modern FTDI devices, implemented in pure Python language.
* FT2232D (dual port, clock up to 6 MHz)
* FT2232H (dual port, clock up to 30 MHz)
* FT4232H (quad port, clock up to 30 MHz)
* UART/Serial USB converter, up to 12Mbps (depending on the FTDI device capability)
* SPI master
* JTAG master
* Bitbang/GPIO support (not a primary goal)
PyFtdi provides a pyserial compliant API, so it can be used as a drop-in module to access USB-serial converters based on FTDI devices.