YAML is a data serialization format designed for human readability and interaction with scripting languages.
PyYAML is a YAML parser and emitter for the Python programming language.
- a complete YAML 1.1 parser. In particular, PyYAML can parse all examples from the specification. The parsing algorithm is simple enough to be a reference for YAML parser implementors.
- Unicode support including UTF-8/UTF-16 input/output and \u escape sequences.
low-level event-based parser and emitter API (like SAX).
- high-level API for serializing and deserializing native Python objects (like DOM or pickle).
- support for all types from the YAML types repository. A simple extension API is provided.
- relatively sensible error messages.