QuteMol is an open source (GPL), interactive, high quality molecular visualization system. QuteMol exploits the current GPU capabilities through OpenGL shaders to offers an array of innovative visual effects. QuteMol visualization techniques are aimed at improving clarity and an easier understanding of the 3D shape and structure of large molecules or complex proteins.
* Real Time Ambient Occlusion
* Depth Aware Silhouette Enhancement
* Ball and Sticks, Space-Fill and Liquorice visualization modes
* High resolution antialiased snapshots for creating publication quality renderings
* Automatic generation of animated gifs of rotating molecules for web pages animations
* Interactive rendering of large molecules and protein (>100k atoms)
* Standard PDB input