The Random Query Generator is a new tool for generating complete databases and executing queries against them for the purpose of functional and stress testing.
The tool is capable of executing test scenarios that include:
* Generate a database from a description of the desired data contents and properties;
* Execute random queries based on SQL templates the queries must conform to;
* Compare the results returned by different server versions, configurations, or storage engines;
* Monitor the server during the test and detect deadlocks, crashes, replication failures and other interesting events;
The tool is useful for the following audiences:
* Storage engine implementors can use the tool to test their code and the way it interacts with features of the core server (such as partitioning and