Rodware aims to be a full featured Linux distribution intended for deployment on public kiosk terminals.
The main focuses of Rodware are:
- Rapid and simple deployment to multiple systems.
- Simple yet powerful custom kiosk restrictions administration.
- A kiosk profile system for deploying custom settings on multiple systems.
- Modular package management for elegant software upgrades and extensions
- Complete remote kiosk administration support.
- Extensive hardware support, including a focus on running well on older hardware.
- Elegant handling of online documents and media.Rodware is based on the Slackware Linux distribution. This project is developed and used at The University of Northern Iowa's Rod Library.
These details are provided for information only. No information here is legal advice and should not be used as such.