ruQueue is Rutgers University's Queue-based Ticket Problem Tracking system.
You can use this web-based software to track any kind of request made to your organization. The typical ruQueue use-case would be:
1. An end user calls the Help Desk with an issue.
2. A consultant creates a ticket describing the issue.
3. The ticket is placed in a queue appropriate for the issue.
4. The watcher of the queue is then notified of the ticket.
5. The watcher resolves the issue, contacts the end user, and the ticket is then closed.
ruQueue has a variety of features to help you solve your problems in the above queue-based style. ruQueue was written in PHP and MySQL and is Free Software (it is available under the GPL but some libraries that it depends on are under the Modified BSD License).
For more information please contact the project's original author: jfulton [at] member [dot] fsf [dot] org.
Note that the ruQueue project page (http://ruqueue.rutgers.edu) is no longer online.