Starfish PBX aims to be an open source alternative to Digium’s Switchvox. The goal is to have a software equivalent to which we can add additional functionality like :
* Configure additional, non-digium, telephony cards
* Provisioning for wide range of VoIP phones
* Support for additional telephony hardware (ex: chan_mobile).
* Option to chose between different fax implementations (ex: HaylaFax)
* Better support for non-SIP phones (ex: IAX2, SCCP, MGCP)
* Interface I18N
* And why not, possibility to use FreeSwitch as a backend