TappedAudio is an audio library with an emphasis on the programming interface -- independent of the backend, written in highly-encapsulated C++ and using SWIG to present a unified API for C++, Python, Ruby, etc., regardless of the underlying audio platform.
* Direct support for JACK and PortAudio sound systems
* Indirect support for OSS, ALSA, JACK, CoreAudio, Windows DirectSound, SoundMapper, and more via PortAudio
* Support for a wide range of sound files via libsndfile
* Supports recording and saving to file (e.g. wav, flac)
* Clean C++ API
* Maintained interface bindings for Python and Ruby
* Automatic resampling
* Streaming record and play from disk
* Software mixing
* Lots more..
Use Patent Claims
Include Install Instructions
These details are provided for information only. No information here is legal advice and should not be used as such.