The application is an alternative for plugin-based album viewers, scrollers and applets (like SimpleViewer or the flash viewer used on Flick.com for example). It is lightweight and fast, does not require complex preparation of XML files and such, can change galleries without reloading the page.
Being client based (JS / CSS) does not stop it to provide the same intelligent algorithms like precaching pictures and making the show pause-less afterwards.
There is also a custom area implementation allowing webmasters to add other information to the system, for example showing the album index and retrieving the file lists from the server with AJAX, then feeding that list to the application wich will dynamically change its content without reloading.
- dynamic loading of content, swapping galleries, ideal with AJAX to retrieve picture lists
- intelligent preloading of a configurable number of images when idle preloads X images following the past step in the same direction (preloads backwards when browsing backwards)
- thumbnails panel that can be toggled
- keyboard navigation
- user styling via external CSS, mandatory styles applied on creation
- can add multiple content panels into the gallery system, displaying 'about', 'links', summary, whatever
These details are provided for information only. No information here is legal advice and should not be used as such.