Some X desktop interfaces bring their own keylaunch utilitity to launch applications. The problem is that if you change the interface, you will have to reconfigure everything (very disgusting). It's better to have an utility that do this task separately.
Xhotkeys is made with Python and uses the PyXlib and PyGTK libraries.
- Developed in Python: compact, easy to understand and modify
- Graphical GTK-configuration
- Recognizes WinKey modifier apart from the typical Control, Alt, Shift.
- Configuration file can be modified manually.
- Devoloped in Python :-). A daemon written in any scripting language eats much more memory than a C implementantion.
These details are provided for information only. No information here is legal advice and should not be used as such.