This project is based on the original "Media Player Classic" and was created after Gabest, the original author, stopped working on it. Several new features have been integrated in this player, such as:
* An option to remove "tearing"
* Translation in 29 languages
* Additional video decoders
... [More], particularly H.264, MPEG-2 and VC-1 with DXVA support
* Better support for Windows Vista/7, including a release for 64-bit Windows
* Support for EVR renderer
* Bugs and vulnerability fixes [Less]
OpenELEC is a GNU/Linux distro combined with XBMC to give you the best possible experience for watching you media. Including but not limited to tv-shows, movies, music, web-media, etc.
It's built upon a less-is-more philosophy and aim to provide an all-in-one solution. Making you as the user
... [More], more focused on the media you consume, rather than spending hour after hour to setup your environment. [Less]