LuxRender is a free software rendering system for photo-realistic and physicaly unbiased image synthesis. It is written in C++ and built around PBRT, providing a flexible ray tracing core and an extensible object-oriented design.
Our goal is to extend PBRT into a complete renderer for artistic
... [More] use, including :
- Flexible multi-threading of integrators
- GUI with real time tonemapping controls, renderer configuration dialogs, etc...
- Robust scene file format and API, exporters for Blender and other 3D packages
- Speed optimisations with SSE/SIMD implementation
- Semi-programmabe shading/materials & GUI material editor(s)
- Physical sky/daylight model
- etc... [Less]
Moonlight|3D is a free modern, flexible and extensible modelling and animation tool developed by a small but dedicated team. The goal is to provide a tool that is capable of turning even the most advanced and challenging projects of artists and technical artists into reality.
We understand that
... [More] this project is by its very nature a huge undertaking. We have chosen to make clean design, good usability and solid implementation of features our highest priority goals and we have already successfully, albeit slowly, pursued that road for several years.
In order to speed up the progress of our development efforts we open up the project to the general public and we hope to attract the support of many developers and users, bringing the project forward faster. [Less]
A modeller to generate POV-Ray-files. It is primerly based on simple objects like sphere, box, torus,... witch can be used in CSG together. But also more meshed based objects like spline shapes and so on are possible.