Unknown Horizons is a 2D realtime strategy simulation with an emphasis on economy and city building. Expand your small settlement to a strong and wealthy colony, collect taxes and supply your inhabitants with valuable goods. Increase your power with a well balanced economy and with strategic trade and diplomacy.
PARPG is a post-apocalyptic roleplaying game in early planning stages.
We’ve agreed on the following key elements:
* Singleplayer RPG. No plans for multiplayer support. Coop gameplay not a priority.
* Post-apocalyptic setting. Story, setting and game mechanics details are yet to be discussed.
* Written in Python (2.x branch). Utilizing the FIFE game engine.
* Isometric 2d graphics instead of going for full 3d engine complexity.
* Open source code and asset licensing.
* Non-profit. The game and all tools will be free of charge for everyone.
* Open development philosophy. Public development wiki, forums and HG repository.
* Meaningful choices and consequences. Multiple paths to complete quests, including non-violent ways.
* Tactical, turnbased combat.
* Well-written dialogue. [Less]
Tutorials in C++ using the FIFE game engine. Meant to serve as a guide to developing isometric games using FIFE as the underlying technology.
Be sure to visit the Getting Started Guide for a quick overview on how to download and install the fife engine and fife-tutorials
The goal of fife-rpg is to rewrite PARPG so it can be used to easily create other RPGs with it even if PARPG will die. As PARPG it will use the FIFEngine (http://fifengine.net/) and bGrease (https://github.com/Beliaar/bGrease).
It will use the source of PARPG (http://www.parpg.net) as a basis and build upon it.