The Greenbone Vulnerability Management (GVM) is a framework of several services:
- The Greenbone Vulnerability Manager (gvmd) is the central service that consolidates plain vulnerability scanning into a full vulnerability management solution.
- The Greenbone Security Assistant (GSA) is the web
... [More] interface of GVM.
- The main scanner OpenVAS Scanner is a full-featured scan engine that executes a continuously updated and extended feed of Network Vulnerability Tests (NVTs).
- Complementary to the web interface, GVM-Tools allows batch processing / scripting via the Greenbone Management Protocol (GMP). [Less]
The Open Scanner Protocol is designed to allow controlling various vulnerability scanners. These scanners must either offer the protocol OSP on their own or be connected via an adapter (“OSP wrapper”).
The Greenbone UI allows to configure OSP scanners via section Configuration/Scanner.
... [More] scanners can also be controlled via GVM-Tools.
A Python implementation “ospd” helps to quickly develop a OSP wrapper. [Less]
This project includes various miscellaneous sub-projects used by Greenbone:
- Import file content into MoinMoin Wiki
- Greenbone Templates for repositories on GitHub
- Farol is a web platform dedicated to the management of Security Advisories.
- FarolLuz is a set of library / utilities
... [More] to manipulate security advisories. It is part of Farol, a Security Advisory Management Platform. [Less]