What is leJOS?
leJOS (pronounced like the Spanish word "lejos" for "far") is a tiny Java Virtual Machine. In 2006 it was ported to the LEGO NXT brick.
leJOS NXJ includes all the classes in the NXJ API as well as the tools used to upload code to the NXT brick.
leJOS NXJ offers the
... [More] following:
* Object oriented language (Java)
* Preemptive threads (tasks)
* Arrays, including multi-dimensional
* Java types including float, long, and String
* Most of the java.lang, java.util and java.io classes
* A Well-documented Robotics API [Less]
A program to control every aspect of the Mindstorms NXT.
NeXT Commander is a small and easy to use application that allows you to do all sorts of things with the Lego Mindstorms NXT.
Its aim is to be faster and more powerful than the tools included with NXT-G.