Skychart is a free and advanced planetarium software for drawing sky charts for specific places and times with nicely graphic and for controlling telescopes by connecting them to pc.
It can also calculate Solar System objects visibility and data, like planets, comets and asteroids, and display moon
... [More] and planets in realistic mode.
Skychart also includes VarObs, a software to help astronomers to get data for variable stars observation. [Less]
Aciqra (uh-SEE-kruh) is a free and open source virtual planetarium and sky mapping program which tracks celestial bodies including planets, deep sky objects and stars to an accuracy of a fraction of a degree for thousands of years into both the future and the past.
The Gaia Sky is a real-time, 3D, astronomy visualisation software that runs on Windows, Linux and MacOS. With it you can explore Gaia, the Solar System and the Galaxy in real time. It is developed in the context of Gaia Outreach
kepler is a library of C routines for astronomical calculations. It features the following:
* The entire VSOP87 theory for calculating the positions of the eight planets.
* The entire ELP 2000-82B theory for calculating the position of the Moon.
* An analytical theory for calculating Pluto's
... [More] position for the period 1700AD-2100AD.
* The ability to convert osculating orbital elements to heliocentric coordinates.
* The latest IAU 2006 precession and IAU 2000A nutation models.
* Routines for calculating sidereal time using the current IAU resolutions.
* An implementation of the Ron/Vondrak theory of annual aberration.
* Routines for Julian date calculations.
* Routines for coordinate transformations, rotations and parallax corrections. [Less]
A shared library searching for resonance patterns of astrological constellations. It scans through time and detects resonances with a given chart or mundane constellations. The meaning of resonance is highly customizable.