SiloSync is a commercial open source project lead by Motive Force LLC which allows users to take control of their social graph and all of its associated data (photos, videos, blog posts, etc.).
The name comes from the concept of synchronizing a user's "data silos" - a term which refers to the
... [More] various places which a user's data is stored and isolated. For instance, if you have a Flickr account, that account is a data silo which probably holds a bunch of your photos but is isolated from your other accounts (Facebook, MySpace, etc.) where you might want to display those photos. [Less]
Distributed, realtime, semi-structured, searchable database.
* Full-text search
* Fast realtime updates while maintaining high query performance
* Structured and faceted search
* complex queries via a query language (BQL) and a REST/JSON api
* Streaming updates from different Gateways such as
... [More] JDBC, JMS, and Kafka
* Fast key-value lookup
* High performance under concurrent heavy update and query volumes
* Hadoop integration, e.g. Map-Reduce job to batch build index and push to Sensei clusters
* Ability plug-in custom and complex faceting logic such as the social graph. [Less]