Notion is a tiling, tabbed window manager for the X window system:
* Tiling: you divide the screen into non-overlapping 'tiles'. Every window occupies one tile, and is maximized to it
* Tabbing: a tile may contain multiple windows - they will be 'tabbed'
* Static: most tiled window
... [More] managers are 'dynamic', meaning they automatically resize and move around tiles as windows appear and disappear. Notion, by contrast, does not automatically change the tiling. You're in control.
* Workspaces: each workspace has its own tiling
* Multihead: the mod_xinerama plugin provides very nice dual-monitor support
* RandR: mod_xrandr expands on mod_xinerama and picks up changes in the randr configuration without the need for restarting Notion [Less]
neercs is a work-in-progress libcaca project.
Like GNU screen, it allows you to detach a session from a terminal, but provides unique features:
* Grabbing a process that you forgot to start inside neercs
* Great screensaver
* 3D rotating cube to switch between full screen terms
* Real time
... [More] thumbnails of your shells
* Special effects when closing a window
* Various window layouts... [Less]
OS.js is a desktop implementation for your browser with a fully-fledged window manager, Application APIs, GUI toolkits and filesystem abstraction.
Works in any modern browser and can be deployed on any platform using Node or PHP.