CubicWeb is a semantic web application framework, licensed under the LGPL, that empowers developers to efficiently build web applications by reusing components (called cubes) and following the well known object-oriented design principles.
Its main features are:
* an engine driven by the explicit data model of the application,
* a query language named RQL similar to W3C’s SPARQL,
* a selection+view mechanism for semi-automatic XHTML/XML/JSON/text generation,
* a library of reusable components (data model and views) that fulfill common needs,
* the power and flexibility of the Python programming language,
* the reliability of SQL databases, LDAP directories, Subversion and Mercurial for storage backends.