A rewrite of pydb from the ground up.
This code makes assumes Python in the version range of 2.5 up to and not including 3K.
The command API portion of the debugger is largely modelled on the GNU GDB model. A command-line interface (CLI) is provided.
There's a lot of cool stuff here that's not in pydb or pdb.
* Source-code Syntax Colorization
* Smart Eval
* Out-of-Process Debugging
* Better stepping granularity
* Debugger Macros via Python Lambda expressions
* Byte-code Instruction Introspection
* Debugger Command Arguments can be Variables and Expressions
* Egg Installable
* Command Completion
Use Patent Claims
Include Install Instructions
These details are provided for information only. No information here is legal advice and should not be used as such.