ratpoison is a Window Manager that puts that sick little rodent out of its misery. Enjoy ratpoison's smooth keyboard handling and slick performance. Don't worry about dependancies, 'cause there ain't none! And best of all, its GNOME incompliant!
Notion is a tiling, tabbed window manager for the X window system:
* Tiling: you divide the screen into non-overlapping 'tiles'. Every window occupies one tile, and is maximized to it
* Tabbing: a tile may contain multiple windows - they will be 'tabbed'
* Static: most tiled window
... [More] managers are 'dynamic', meaning they automatically resize and move around tiles as windows appear and disappear. Notion, by contrast, does not automatically change the tiling. You're in control.
* Workspaces: each workspace has its own tiling
* Multihead: the mod_xinerama plugin provides very nice dual-monitor support
* RandR: mod_xrandr expands on mod_xinerama and picks up changes in the randr configuration without the need for restarting Notion [Less]
KickASS FX (Kafx) es un programa para hacer efectos de subtitulos y karaokes.
Provee objetos sencillos de usar, y funciona mediante scripts programables.
Esta realizado en python y cairo.
2D vector animation API (Python) with:
- Tweening and keyframes - using simple strings for frames.
- Containment of things within things.
- Path following.
- Hit detection (buttons etc.)
- Use of Inkscape SVG as a "distributed" IDE -- design all graphics in Inkscape and animate
... [More] them with Things.
Things came about by play and happy accident. It relies on python-Cairo and python-rsvg and has been developed on GNU/Linux.
I would really like someone to take the idea and replicate it in C or C++ for the superior speed animation requires. [Less]